Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Bow on Top

Oh my Lord it is cold this morning! It's a big whopping 3 degrees outside. At least the sun is out and it's trying to warm it up a little. The birds are practically frantic at the birdfeeders. When I took Hannah out to the bustop.... my nostrils were sticking when I breathed out my nose.

This morning I was laying in bed watching the news and a Lexus commercial came on. It showed a woman presenting her husband, by surprise on Christmas, with a new Lexus in the driveway with a giant red bow on the top of it. What in holy hell is going on here? Are there really couples who can go purchase a Lexus for a gift without the other person knowing about it? Maybe my credit sucks so bad that I couldn't do anything on my own. Maybe I've never tried. I probably could go buy a washer and dryer by myself but a new car? With paperwork and payments? Not a chance. I need my husband's John Hancock on any major purchase we have made so we can use his income to help repay it. Actually... because I work for him at home and he's self-employed... I technically don't have any income. I'm indigent or whatever that word is. I can honestly say that I sleep with my boss and have worked my way to the top doing that.

7 comments:

lime said...

i dunno, that level of financial liquidity is way beyond my imagination. LMAO @ sleeping with your boss etc!

Melody said...

Sleeping with the boss...hahaha. Sounds so much more 'sleezy' then it really is. I could probably manage a matchbox car on my own...

Willow said...

My husband sleeps with his boss (me, of course) and still gets no perks for it. If he slept with his boss at his job, I'd worry. Jim's wife wouldn't like it either. :snort:

I once got a car for Mother's Day. It was a $200 10-year-old beater with a bad gas tank on it. I'm not kidding.

Robin said...

My husband bought me a new Mustang for my birthday a few years ago.
It's not as romantic as it sounds.
I'd have preferred to pick out my own car.
This commercial always reminds me that in the end, men really are clueless.
Diamonds. Duh.

ccw said...

I am LMAO! Slept your way to the top, literally.

I have always wondered about these commercials, too. Needless to say, unless I start playing the lottery and win I will never know what it is like to surprise my husband with a Lexus or a Yugo.

Joel said...

I agree...taht is insane! I can't buy toilet paper without Joel knowing about it!

As for sleeping with the boss...a girl's gotta do what a gorl's gotta do!

Gina in N'Awlins said...

You silly Gal! It's the THOUGHT that counts! We joke about those commercials here and comment, "When you care enough to give 60 car payments to your loved one for Christmas!"