Beth over at The Perfect Neurotic saw fit to tag me with this book meme. I've never done a book meme before so I thought I'd give it a try. I try to read as much as I can (between Sudoku puzzles!) . The rules to the meme are this:
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book.
3. Name the author.
4. Turn to page 123.
5. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
6. Copy the next three sentences and post to your blog.
7. Tag three more lucky souls.
Ok - it seems simple enough.... here goes:
1. I turn around and pick up a book on the desk behind me.
2. The book is My Sister's Keeper
3. The author is Jodi Picoult
4. Ok... am turning pages as I type this.
6. Kerry glances over her shoulder at me. "You look like shit." "Thanks."
Now, I know this doesn't sound like much information to the book so I thought I would give you a short synopsis. It sounds like a fascinating book to me!
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate - a life and a role that she has never questioned… until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister - and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable… a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves. My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life… even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less?
7. Who should I tag? At your leisure, if you want to do this meme.... I am tagging..
- Sarah from Sad and Beautiful World/
- Cecily from and I wasted all that birth control
- Melody from My Life in a Nutshell