Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Randomness

After all the rain we've had, the sun finally has come out today. Hannah was so excited this morning because that means they can finally have recess outdoors. I'm betting the teachers are excited too. Having all those kids cooped up indoors all day has got to be getting on some nerves.


The other day I had to go into the Evil Empire to get a new bra. It totally sucks that I can not find the bra I have need like to wear anyplace else but there. However, I was shocked when I went in. They have given the store a complete make-over. New flooring and wider aisles. Nothing is stacked higher than a human could possible reach either. You could easily see all the way to the back of the store, which made the whole place seem brighter, less boxy and cleaner. Then today, I read this article which might explain what the heck is going on with Walmart vs. Target. It seems that Walmart (at least our local one) is beefing up it's image. We have a huge new Target being built right now just down the street from Wally and it is schedule to open this fall..... right before the Christmas hoopla shopping season. Maybe Wally World is trying to claim some of it's shopping clientele back NOW before it's too late? I'm embarrassed to say that I left the store the other day with all my nerves intact and not ready to freaking strangle someone. That speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Usually when I leave Wally World, I am in such a state I'm needing to perform meditation for 20 minutes to calm the fuck down. Between rude employees, rude shoppers, smashing my buggy into everything, blaring loudspeakers and an overall sense of being in a maze that I can't escape from..... I enter a dimension of pissed off the likes of which you have never seen.

Hannah wanted to show her Poppa and Nanny how she rides her bike so I filmed a short segment of her doing so. She just learned to ride without training wheels so she's still a little wobbly.....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice....

:-)

Sue said...

I see a bright future in television for this girl!

Sharpie said...

Isn't it great when they learn?? Miss Thing learned last summer and it was SO fun to watch.

Unknown said...

Very cute!! She's a pro!

We're buying my son a new, bigger bike this week and we'll have to teach him how to ride w/o the training wheels. Any pointers you can share!!????

Sandi said...

I can see her doing training videos when she grows up.

Willow said...

WOW!! I'm so proud of her! She's doing awesome! (My Em is going to be six in about two months and is terrified to go without her training wheels. She's shrimpy though, so the bike size is intimidating I think.)

Way to go Hannah!