What cracked me up was that she was using a 4 yr old Mickey Mouse pole with old line on it. She's been practicing casting in the driveway so this line has been dragged over dirt and tar and is full of burrs and snags. Yet.... it didn't break. Gary's using $250 G.Loomis rods and Team Diawa reels and she stills is kicking his ass.
Her disclaimer on her Mickey Mouse reel states: "Replace line once in a while".
His states this:
Team DaiwaÂ® -X, Super Tuned Features:
- Super Tuned ball bearing package with seven ultra precision ball and roller bearings
- Ultra lightweight 70/75 aircraft aluminum spool, perforated on 103 size for lighting-fast spool startup
- Rigid, one-piece aluminum alloy frame with machined alloy sideplates
- Free-Floating Spool totally separated from gearing on outcast for minimal friction
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- MagforceÂ®-V automatic magnetic anti-backlash system (Original Magforce$reg; on 100 size)
- High-tensile brass drive gear with phosphor bronze pinion
- Quick takedown sideplate
- Cut-proof, Titanium Nitrided line guide
Sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it?
Here is a video of her catching a nice 2.5lb smallmouth. Click HERE to watch