I read a few things today that had me wondering. Sarah talked at length about being pro-life although she formerly was pro-choice. There's a commercial running on one of our local channels right now that is pro-life. The woman states that when she wanted a baby, it was a baby but when she didn't, it was something else. That commercial gives me the creeps....because the first time I saw it, I stopped dead in my tracks and thought "oh my God, that's just what I would say". I am currently in a turmoil over this particular issue and where I stand on it. I don't like to debate about it. I feel a certain way about things and have a hard time putting into words why. I'm envious of Sarah and how well she can put her reasons for supporting something into an understandable opinion. What do you feel strongly about?
Another Sarah told us about her favorite teacher(s) in school and why. Of course, this brought me back to good old Gville and who did I look up to? I'd truly have to say that Mr. Malo was one of my faves. Let alone that I had a crush on him (I think alot of girls did).... don't ask me why....he really wasn't all that good looking. Maybe it was his personality? Or the way he always cleared the post nasal drip out of the back of his throat? I just loved to hear him teach and speak French. Everything just flowed and sounded so poetic. Knowing that he was studying to become a priest made him all the more like Richard Chamberlain in Thornbirds... .untouchable and thus....more desirable. What in Gods name was I thinking?? Now you folks that went to school with me are probably having a good chuckle right now....but admit it...you thought he was HOT too. But back to our regularly scheduled blog question .. who was your favorite teacher and why?
And finally, we come to VeryZen-Amanda. She has some questions that will get that motor brain thinking. Here's my answers....
1. What book would I like to be? Nakoa's Woman by Gayle Rogers.... I want to be Maria
2. Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character? Frankly my dear I'd have to say Rhett.
3. What is the last book I bought? The Secret Lives of Bees
4. What is the last book I read? Looking for Annie Farrell
5. What book am I currently reading? Nothing at the moment, but I'm going to start the Secret Lives of Bees.
6. What 5 books would I take with me if I were stranded on a desert island? The Bible, Gone With the Wind, Nakoa's Woman, An I Spy book, and something along the lines of "How to Survive in the Wilderness"
And your answers are.......?