Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter is coming.


I thought we were coming to the end of winter. I guess Ol' Man Winter has other ideas in store for us. The view this morning....

Hannah spent quite a while hanging Easter eggs on this tree in the front yard the other day only to have it bend under the weight of the snow last night. I'm horrified to ask this of you, dear readers, but... please ignore the string of Christmas lights still hanging as well. We are such losers when it comes to removing our Christmas lights.

No school today for Hannah and I. Thank God because the phone has been crazy today. Absolutely ape-shit. The area has lost power and alarm back-up batteries we use last about 7 hours. People are freaking out. I am freaking out. Gary is not frazzled at all.







6 comments:

melodyann said...

YIKES!!!

It's cold here too. The day before yesterday it was 81 degrees.. today it was in the low forties...

I am so fucking tired of winter...

lime said...

yuck, it's snowing here too but no real accumulation yet. hope your power comes back soon

Jered Widmer said...

Eghh.. I feel bad that you have yet more snow. Enough already, hunh? The weather here was nice for a few days, then turned cold again. It feels like a later autumn and someone said we had some flurries today.

Have a Hoppy Easter!

Regina, a forty something mother of two that refuses to grow up said...

You always march to your own drummer, and how else would you see all of those Easter eggs without the lights?!

Beth said...

We're going through the same thing! It's terrible and making my husband so depressed. He loves springtime.

I saw the post below. We don't have any carpets in our home. We replaced them all with wood floors and wow, what a difference it makes in the clean air department. I wish I could do without throw rugs, but sometimes your ass needs a soft spot to land. =)

ccw said...

It's cold here (from 82 to 35) but we have only had snow flurries. I can't wait for spring weather.