School has started for many children. Hannah starts on the 5th of Sept and I have not done any school shopping yet. Her new teacher provided us with a list of a few supplies she would like the children to have and we will get them next week. A few new outfits and a new backpack and Hannah will be all set. I dread school shopping when she's older because I'm sure she's going to think anything I pick out is totally lame and uncool. Right now, as long as it's pink in color and doesn't have any frills or buttons, she loves it.
If you haven't tried these pita chips, can I just say - you are missing out on a culinary yumminess? The sea-salt variety is our favorite.
A favorite side salad of ours that is very easy and delicious......
Roast cherry tomatoes by leaving them whole, rolling them in olive oil and place them on a cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 475 degree oven for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to burst their skins.
For the salad you will need:
- Thinly sliced whole milk mozzarella
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
Place the sliced of mozzarella on a plate. Place the roasted cherry tomatoes on top. Add the basil. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Drip vinegar along the edges of the mozzarella, and sprinkle with sea salt.
Now, to end this post, here are some RBOC (random bullets of crap) to remember:
- Eating pepperoni pizza right before bed can bring on an attack of acid reflux fire in the middle of the night that no amount of Malax, Tums or Rolaids can put out.
- Anything cooked outdoors on a campfire tastes better than cooked indoors.
- Laying on the deck of the boat, finding objects in the clouds with your child is very relaxing.
- Sudoku is most addictive.