Friday, April 08, 2005

To err on the side of the road


Image hosted by Photobucket.comYou ever have one of those days when you do something that you can't help? Your brain is screaming "STOP STUPID - don't push that button!! And your hand says "What? this thing I just pushed?" setting off a chain of events you wished you could flush down the put in reverse.

Today, Gary and I were waiting at the jobsite for his helper, Chris to come back from lunch so they could continue on with their day. Gary had gone to an appointment with me and I was going to take the truck home after Chris arrived. After sitting there for awhile, I decided that my lunch wasn't going to be contained in my bowels much longer and seems how we were down at the lobster wharf (where only men work and you and I know they NEVER have to use a bathroom, thus don't provide one) I asked him to take me home to go. So, he wasn't happy about that about and we sped off towards the house, becuase when I have to go.... I HAVE TO GO.. We meet Chris heading towards us so Gary pulls over to get out. He pulls real close to the side of the road and I go to swing my door open to get out. My brain is screaming "STONE WALL!!!" but my arm said "duh what?" and proceeded to slam the door into it. "For Christ sakes Sheri, why don't you try that again a little harder next time???" screams Gary with a couple of veins popping out of his head and he's so mad he's spitting. Oh yes, like I did THAT on purpose. Nothing I like better than putting a big ass ding to the sheetmetal in your truck door 'ol boy. Do you really think I'm that stupid?

I'm just kidding - he wasnt really that mad - just totally perturbed for awhile. He gets over things like that pretty quick. I love my hubby .....he doesn't hold grudges towards me. He's pretty mellow about most things except nagging. He calls it pissing in his ear. I hate it when he says that...."Stop pissing in my ear". I wish he'd come up with something else to say when I'm nagging the shit out of him. However, as getupgrrl states about her husband (which describes mine to a T) :

Please heed my warning, women: beware the Stealth Assholes. They will confound you with bullshit. In fact, they're the Jedi Masters of bullshit! What I recommend is a man like my husband, someone who will tenderly take your face in his hands, stare deeply into your eyes, drink in your visage as if he's about to devour you in a passionate kiss, and whisper to you romantically, "Listen to me, honey. Never, as long as I live - no matter what you say, no matter what you do, no matter how many discussions we have about this topic, no matter how many times I agree in the moment just to shut you up - never will I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher instead of in the sink. Never. I love you! Never. So get used to it."

Hey, at least he's honest.

3 comments:

Melody said...

BEEN THERE....DONE THAT...WON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON AGAIN!

Sue said...

Oh no, You scratched the hemi? Ye Gods! At least you didn't rip the whole door off like I did one winter in the driveway. They get over it, though. It's only a vehicle, right?

Tammy said...

OMGoodness, Sheri!! You gotta love our men huh??? You have to read my blog about how my Hubby handles nagging and the like... As for the door, well my thing is locking my keys (and every other set we own) into the car or the house or both with me, of course, standing on the outside looking in!!! I push that button way too often myself...