Friday, June 02, 2006

On My Own.......

Today will be my first trip to camp without Gary in tow. He's gone for the weekend to one of his friend's house with 11 other men. OMG can you imagine what that must be like? He brought a 30 pack of beer, 6 bags of ice, half a bottle of Jack,diet ginger ale, some SlimJims, a box of L'il Debbie Oatmeal Pies and some Gatorade. Oh - and his raingear as we are supposed to have some sort of a summer typhoon this weekend. I ask him "How can you stand fishing in the pouring rain?" He says he loves it because the fish bite better in the rain. Um... whatever. The ONLY time I went fishing in the rain.... it poured so hard all day long that it took hours afterwards for my hands to dry out. Seriously. My hands were so wrinkled and parboiled... it was awful.

The weather in Maine is so freaky this time of year. It's almost as if the earth keeps tipping on it's axis back and forth between winter and summer. Is it going to be 50 degrees with a nice biting north wind or is it going to be 90 with a tropical breeze from the south? Yesterday, it was miserable here. Very hot and muggy...like someone flipped the calendar to August for a cruel joke. Our winter thick blood has a hard time with that as we haven't climatized yet. Brutal.

I'll be taking the laptop with me so I'll try to post from camp.

Today's technical question: Can anyone tell me why just some of the blogs in my blogroll are not listed as being updated (new post!) when they are? What the frig am I doing wrong?

7 comments:

lime said...

LOL@ gary's packing list. too funny. you have a great time, sherri. i can't help ya on the blogrolling bit

Willow said...

You're not doing anything wrong. Some of them just don't ping properly. I have the same problem. THen when I do visit just on a whim, I feel like crap that they've updated LOTS and I wasn't there to see it. But really - it's blogrolling and not us.

ccw said...

I love Gary's supplies; alcohol and junk! What more could a person ask for?

Our weather is funky, too. Wednesday it was 92, yesterday it was 78 and muggy, and today it is 62 and raining.

Jered Widmer said...

Wow... sounds like you're having much of the same crazy weather that we're getting in Philadelphia. Maybe not as extreme but still bouncing back and forth a little. Our typhoon weekend has already begun. Last night the first set of thundershowers rolled through - and these days the thunderstorms aren't the typically enjoyable ones that you like watching from your covered front porch - they're violent with constant lighting - much of hit hitting the ground. I went from enjoying thunderstorms to getting a little freaked out. Enjoy camp!

Beth said...

What a man's fishing list. I like how he put in the diet ginger ale ... like it will somehow subdue the calories. Haha.

I don't know anything about blogrolls or blogs, but of course you know that. Haha.

Cindy said...

Gary's list of food is pretty funny. So, is slim jims his meat for the weekend? Hehe.

Larry said...

For the record, dear blogrolling is a bit quirly when it comes to showing what's updated. You are doing nothing wrong :)