I checked my site meter this weekend. I wanted to see how people were finding me. Yeah and kudos for my friends Melody and Scott. Many, many people have come to my blog through links on theirs. Thanks guys! I also found the list of search words or terms that are used to find my blog. Some of them I found to be.... well.... a little disturbing. Check these out:
- I Hate Bratz (well, I do. I hate those stupid lips they have)
- Garcia's Matamoras (awesome place to go and eat at the border town in Mexico)
- funny boat pictures (huh? why would someone want these?)
- john deere flag (show your patriotic colors!)
- peeing in an outhouse (I swear, I DI NOT give any tips on this!)
- pictures of greyhounds in a sombrero (I can only say... wtf????)
- Could you please pass the jelly? (and you all thought I was strange??)
- what will happen if you smoke.com (I wasn't aware of this site... were you?)
- hemi mudflaps (NOW we're talkin'!)
- constipation (really... do we have to get that personal?)
- foot abscess (eeeewwww)
Ok, now that we've got that vitally important info out of the way, I'm going to tell you about the biggest thing to hit Maine since, well..... I don't know what. It's the BASS Federation Eastern Divisionals and they are coming to a town near you! Read about it here. Gary is beside himself with anticipation of doing nothing but eating, talking, sleeping and breathing fish for 3 solid days. Unfortunately, he did not make this year's state team so he's not competing, BUT because he is an officer, he's been delegated to Traffic Control. Oh sweet Jesus... have these people not read my blog? Do they not know what a little power does to this man? He has to be at the launch site at 3:30a.m (yes, you read that right... a.m.. as in crack of butt-dawn), with his little reflector vest on AND a flashlight to direct with. When we were in the Navy, Gary worked on the flight-line directing training fighter jets and helicopters. He knows all those little hand directing movements and I can assure you that they will be incorporated into his vehicle maneuvering motions and God help the ones who don't understand what all those flailing arms mean. He'll be barking out orders like General Patton and lending a deaf ear to any excuses. He takes his fishing VERY seriously.
The selection for next year's state team is done in a 2 round fish-off, with the best 12 becoming the team. Gary passed the first round, finishing in 8th place and now will advance to the 2nd round, which is a 2 day event next weekend. Next year's divisionals are on Lake Champlain in Vermont. In October he is going to Lake Erie to fish the Angler's Choice Regionals , which he and his partner are 5th place. Oh yes, my husband loves his fishing. I guess he certainly could have worse hobbies?